Nothing feels good when the health is not well. Everything becomes dull and worthless. If you are ill that means your immune system does not work properly. So to stay well it is necessary to let the immune system works properly. And to stay healthy and fit during the colder days of winter you must follow some tips so that illness never interrupts on the way of your enjoyment. Here we listed some important tips for you to stay a healthy life throughout the entire season of winter.
- Healthy diet: This is the most important rule to follow for a healthy life not only for the winter but for the year long. But it becomes mandatory in winter because most of the people give up exercise for cold weather. And sometimes become unconscious about the diet they skipped. So be careful on intake of salt, fats and oils which can greatly harm your body.
- Drink milk everyday: Milk and other dairy products are enriched with calcium, vitamins and proteins which help the immune system to work at its best. So drink at least 1 glass of milk every day. You can a use cheese, butter on your cooking and can add yogurt on your salads to make it more healthy and tasty.
- Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables: There are so many colourful fruits and vegetables found in winter. And they are full of vitamins which are the secret to stay fit in winter. You can eat vegetables and fruits alone or can make recipes together. Carrot, parsnip, spinach, kale, turnips are the vegetables that you can easily turned into any delicious dishes. So try to make and eat a comfort food for your health.
- Healthy breakfast: Try to start your day with a healthy breakfast so that the body gets proper nutrition and energy to work well. You can eat porridge, oats or any protein packed dishes so that your body feels no hungry for long time.
- Use garlic on your recipes: Garlic is the natural immune booster. Its anti bacterial properties can fight with various types of bacteria and viruses. Its also good for your heart. So try to eat at least 1 clove of garlic every morning on empty stomach or you can use garlic on your soups, pasta, noodles and vegetables.
- Take vitamin C : Vitamin C can boost the immune system. So take more vitamin C every day in the time of winter. You can find it on fruits like orange and vegetables like broccoli. Or you can take as tablets. Whatever you like doesn’t matter just take more vitamin c in winter than ever. It also good for your skin.
- Drink sufficient water: In the cold days people often forget to drink water because they don’t feel thirsty like summer. But in order to avoid constipation and for a better immunity everyone should drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily. You can replace water with fresh juice and with herbal drink like mint tea, peppermint tea, green tea and so on.
- Never give up exercise: Continue your exercise. Never give up the excuse of cold. If you don’t want to go out then you may try meditation, yoga and aerobics staying at your home.
- Skincare is a must: Let not the dullness and roughness of nature fall on your skin. Your skin needs extra care on the colder days of winter. Drink sufficient water is a must to keep your skin hydrated. Use moisturisers, cold creams and lotions regularly to soften your skin. Try to take vitamin C more than the other time of the year.
- Frequent washing hands: Try to build up a habit of washing your hand frequently. Because this time of the year the humidity level is low which is the better time to multiply the viruses on the air and which gets you when you touch anything in outside. So always wash your hand with hand wash after returning at home.
- Sound sleep: Try to sleep at least 7-8 hours a day in order to let the body rests and get ready for the new day. And winter provides the comfort weather to sleep long.
- Manage outdoor plans: Manage a outdoor plans with your friends and family keeps you fresh from your heart and gives you the energy to work more on the busy days. So plan for a outdoor trip on the weekend and holidays to get the refreshment.